Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time for Real Food ~ Oatmeal Cereal

We finally got Brenden in eating mode. I had decided it would be a 5 months. All the reading and what not I found said anywhere from 4-6 months, with 6 months being the better for odds against having food allergies. But, Brenden ran into some digestive issues, so finally on Wednesday, July 16th we fed Brenden some organic oatmeal cereal. We were going to start with rice, but I'm told that rice can bind the system up and we really didnt' need anymore of that! The first day, he wasn't so sure. But, the second and third day he ate his whole tablespoon. Then, on the forth day and supposed last day of oatmeal...he woke up with a running nose, puffy eyes, and was just meek. Was it a cold? Was is a food allergy? Not sure. But he barely ate or drank anything on Saturday. By, Sunday he was eating his formula again, but still all congested. So, if today goes well, maybe we'll start some organic rice cereal or organic sweet potatoes, it will be a game time decision. I'll come back to the oatmeal cereal in a week or so and see how he reacts.


I'm ready to eat Mom!

The spoon is fun. The oatmeal is ok.
He's obviously had enough oatmeal.

Day 2:
When Brenden eats, he means business. He wanted his own spoon, bowl, and napkin!

Looks like he was kinda liking the oatmeal.

Mmmm...mmmmm...good! He had to go straight to the bath as he had oatmeal everywhere...even in his hair! Fun!

No comments: