Monday, January 12, 2009

Mmmm...Good!

So, Brenden is officially eating what I call human food now. Why human food - because I can actually tell what it is and I'm not afraid to eat it myself! Last week he dined on broccoli/cauliflower & ham, baked sweet potato & ham, chicken & green beans, banana, apples, peaches, cherries, and pears. He's had little snippets of these, but now he's having meals. (sniff, sniff) I cut it all up into tiny pieces and he shoves it in. Only problem, he just stores it up in his chipmunk cheeks and opens his mouth for a new bite. So, we are working on getting him to chew! (He has like 7.25 teeth!) He also is great with the sippy cup for water/juice. We have made the decision to move him to the Next Step formula instead of directly to vitamin D. The Next Step is high in vitamins and what not that the little guy needs, so we felt this would be a good way to make sure he is still getting his nutrients, while transitioning to a more non-baby diet. Then, in a few months we will move him to Vitamin D milk. The hardest part for me is giving up the bottle and putting his formula in the sippy. I want him to stay little!! He is my baby!

No comments: