Thursday, May 7, 2009
15 Month Check-Up
Brenden has his 15 month well baby visit yesterday. I think it's the first well baby visit he was actually healthy for!! Everything went really well. Bren now weighs 23.5 pounds and is 30.5 inches long. He's in about the 30-40% on both. His head is 18 inches, which is in the 65%. I though he would say Bren is a bit thin, but Dr. Patel says he is perfectly fine. That his percentages on height and weight are in the same range and that is where they should be. Overweight kids have a large skew between the two. The only thing we need to step up is he needs to drink more. Still fighting the bowel movements issue. So, I had taken away the morning bottle and started putting his milk just in a sippy. Well...he won't drink it in the sippy in the morning for some reason. So, to ensure that he is getting the required fluid intake per day, I'm reinstating the morning bottle and Dr. Patel said that it was fine. (Fluid intake is much more important here.) He is fine with the sippy the rest of the day and only takes a sippy at school. (He doesn't even take the paci at school!) I know...big dang debate about how kids should not have a bottle after a certain age...blah, blah, blah...it's more important to me that my child not have intestinal issues than if he has an am bottle. It's not like he's carrying it around in Wal-Mart at age 5. Other than that the Bug is great and he even played with Dr. Patel instead of crying. (Probably b/c he didn't feel like crap as per his normal visits!) Pictures will come soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment