Thursday, August 6, 2009

18 Month Check-Up...Plus the DENTIST!!!

Lots going on with the Bug today. First off, a trip to the dentist b/c of some discoloration on his teeth. I called our family dentist and he will see kids younger than 3 yrs old if there is a problem. So, in we went at 8:15 this morning. Verdict - Calcium deposits. Yum-mo milk is leaving it's mark. So, he gave us some stuff to get the calcium deposits off, but said it's quite common and to expect it to come back over time. He said we didn't do anything wrong or could have prevented it...even his kids had it. Also said to switch him to regular toothpaste. So, he gave us a fun toothbrush and some toothpaste and we were off to the pediatrician's office. (After we updated Dad that we are not letting Bren's teeth rot away with improper brushing!)

18 month well baby check up stats:
Head: 19" - 75%
Height: 32 1/2" - 75% - grew 2 inches since May!!!
Weight: 24 lbs, 6 oz. - 30% - still skinny, w/ no butt!

Dr. P said to start him on daily, chewable vitamins. 1/2 dose until he's two. He gave us some gummy vitamins! We spread out his one year shots across the year after his bout with RSV. So, he was supposed to get 3 shots in Sept., plus a flu shot. I asked it we could spread that out some more. 4 shots is a lot - too much if you ask me! No problem, so he will get 2 in Sept and 2 in Feb. then we are done with vaccinations for quite a while!! yea!!! Other than that, he is up to 15-20 words and picked the letter "O" off the eye chart while getting weighed. He is the smartest Bug EVER! :) (Not that I'm biased or anything!) They were quite impressed though. Everything else was good. He is a healthy, growing boy. :)

I KNOW, I KNOW...pictures. I'll try to update soon! I've got some from the County Fair back in Missouri...can you say Merry-Go-Round!!

No comments: