Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nashville

We just got back from the Nashville half marathon (13.1 mi.) today. It was a great time and we had good weather. It started off raining at 5:30 am when we loaded on buses to get to the starting line. After about a half hour into the run the rain stopped and the day got a lot better. It was a hilly course but I ran a 1:52:42. Not my best time but considering the course I was happy with the 8:30 minute/mile pace. The only bad part is Brenden wasn't there with us. Grandma and Grandpa Brammer came and got him on Thursday afternoon and are bringing him back on Tuesday. It is good because he gets to see his great grandparents again and meet Aunt Becky for the first time. Also he gets to spend his second weekend of his life on the farm in Missouri. Back to Nashville. It was a great time and several friends were there with us. We saw some great country bands and really experienced Nashville to the fullest. We didn't realize this but a lot of those bands audition to play for free to get their name out. Others do get paid but they are all good. I've attached some pics so you can see a little of our trip. As you can see in one of the pictures Amy has found a long lost singer from the past. I hope we can all get together again next year and see if we can have a better time. I don't think it is possible but I would like to try. Also I added a pic of Bren. He's the star of this blog so he has to get appropriate billing.








No comments: