I'm not sure my heart is going to make it! Brenden is definitely keeping us on our toes. He is all boy. He loves to roll around and "rough house" and is simply fearless. Saturday night he pulled the heavy, wooden tv tray down on his head, trying to steal food! The pig had all ready eaten a full dinner of meat, veggies, yogurt, and bread (it's all human food too, not baby food!)...and had some post dinner snacks, by the way! Well, the result was two goose eggs right on the forehead. One, is pretty ugly. Thing is, we have to tell Daycare about any bumps/bruises/wounds so they don't think they did them there at school. So, Monday, Elliott told them about his noggin. Then, last night Bren and Elliott are playing. Bren launches himself at Elliott and they collide face to face. Bren busts his lip against Elliott forehead. Elliott has a mark too! Bren is bleeding profusely from the mouth. I'm like, "We are going to the ER!" Elliott is much calmer. We get the bleeding stopped and tried to apply an ice pack. Bren just wanted to eat that too! So, no ice, but he did take the paci, which does put some pressure on the wound. So, I give him Tylenol. I still want to go to the ER. :) Elliott calmly points out that Brenden is now playing and talking and the bleeding is still stopped. So, I call my Mom-Guru/Hippie/Live Saver Stefani (thank you for putting up with my neurosis) and double check her thoughts on a busted lip scenario. We discuss little boys and all that entails and then double check our diagnosis with the internet. He took his night bottle just fine and this morning too. He's sippy cup during the day, so he should be fine.
Bren is fine this morning. Elliott, once again, had to explain to Daycare about Brenden's newest wound. Would any of you vouch for us with Child Services! Just kidding. I know...I know...toddlers are accidents waiting to happen. But, still it breaks my heart when he hurts. Although, he seems to get over it much quicker than I do!!
1 comment:
I already know I will cry like a baby when Kaden hurts himself or is sick. I keep hoping it just won't happen...LOL!
Post a Comment